Saturday, May 14

Info from the Inside...

Okay, so you know how sometimes, the catcher calls "time out" in a baseball game and then heads to the mound to have a chat with the pitcher?

I've always wondered what they say up there. I assumed it had something to do with what kind of pitch to throw next...how the batter has been hitting, etc.

Well today I found out.

My son's team was in the bottom of the last inning of their game. We were up 9 to 3, and there were 2 outs on the board.

And the pitcher had done a great job all game. But he was starting to throw a few more balls...and a few less strikes. And he was starting to get flustered.

My son (the catcher) called a "time out." He jogged up to the pitcher's mound, said something to the pitcher, and then jogged back to home plate.

The pitcher smiled. In fact, he was still trying to hide his smile as he wound up for his next pitch.

Strike one! Strike two! Strike three! Game over. Bullpups 9, the other team 3.

So on the way home, I asked my son,

"What exactly did you say to Cole on the pitcher's mound back there?"

My son's reply:

"I just told him: 'I see you're not having fun, anymore. Frankly, that's really putting a damper on my evening.' "

And I figured he had just advised him to picture the other team in their underwear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and effort you put into your site and detailed information you offer.
It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed material.
Excellent read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.


Here is my weblog :: no-ip.org