Thursday, March 31

Take Five

I was talking to one of my dear friends today, who also happens to be a work colleague. As we were visiting, she shared a gem of a concept that another mutual friend and colleague had shared with her.

This friend said that she tries to keep life simple by thinking in terms of "five."

"Where do I want to be in five weeks?"

"Where do I want to be in five months?"

"Where do I want to be in five years?"

For some reason, this really resonated with me. "I can do that," I thought to myself.

And as life seems to be spinning in such a vastly different direction than I expected as of late, it feels like an appropriate exercise.

So here goes...the very rough draft of my "five." (Any and all parts of this are subject to change without notice. :o) )

Five Weeks~
In Five Weeks, I am looking forward to:
~celebrating a friend's graduation from college.
~celebrating the birth of Brian's newest nephew.
~experiencing firsthand the truth that I am clinging to as a promise at the moment..."time heals all wounds."
~logging lots and lots of "running in the wild" miles.
~counting down the days unitl the end of the school year.
~baseball season in full-swing.
~dance spring performance in full-swing.
~my nephew's impending 15th birthday.

Five Months~
In Five Months, I am looking forward to:
~a trip "across the pond" with Brian to see my brother (and Kevin Spacey) in Richard III.
~having completed a digital SLR class, so that I can take advantage of my lovely camera and capture some really great pictures in the UK.
~feeling relaxed after a couple of months of summer with my family.
~feeling closer to God and closer to embracing the plan that He has for my life instead of fighting it so hard.
~teaching yet another teenager how to drive?!?!--Power of positive thinking, right??


Five Years~
Five years is harder. :o)
In five years I am looking forward to:
~having no money...as one child will be in college and another will be on his way.:o)
~planning a high school graduation celebration for my second-born.
~enjoying the next phase of my relationship with my oldest...who will no longer live at home.
~having discovered my passion...the thing that drives me and makes me feel fulfilled.
~having discovered my ministry...the thing that stirs my heart to "give back" and show the love of God to my fellow man.
~the final couple of years with children in the house.
~enjoying the fact that people always think I look younger than I am. :o) So far, that hasn't been such an amazing gift. But I'm really expecting the payoff to start in about five years. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after going through a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.

Anyways, I'm definitely pleased I came across it and I'll be bookmarking it and
checking back often!

My website - more info