Sunday, September 19

Whatsoever Things Are Lovely...

I am blessed. I know that I am. These days it has been easy to forget that. It's been too easy to dwell on what I don't have, instead of what I do.

So here's a list of all of the lovely that's been in my life as of late:

~Watching my boys field fly balls with their buddies on a Friday afternoon, just because there's nothing they'd rather be doing than playing baseball.

~Receiving in the mail--after a goofy facebook post--a box from the Lindt & Sprungli Company, containing a delicious care package, because a sweet colleague thinks "I work too hard" to eat mushrooms instead of chocolate.

~Early morning runs in 60 degree weather with a light mist that clears up just in time to see the sun rise.

~Unexpected, treasured moments with a very dear friend.

~The hug my eight-year old has to give me EVERY SINGLE TIME I walk out our front door. As I am usually running late, this slows me down some, but I have older children. And I know all too well that she won't always do that.

~Kneeling in a sanctuary with sunlight streaming through stain-glassed windows, praying:
"Most Merciful God, we confess that we have sinned against You in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved You with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We are truly sorry and we humbly repent. For the sake of Your Son, Jesus Christ, have mercy on us and forgive us; that we may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of Your Name. Amen"

~Hearing these words spoken over me:
"Almighty God have mercy on you and forgive you all your sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen you in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, keep you in eternal life. Amen."

~Laughing with my thirteen-year-old son.

~Anything sung by Michael Bublé on the radio or Pandora.

~Watching my brother give (in my opinion) his best theatrical performance ever.

~Spending the afternoon with my fifteen-year-old daughter--shopping and laughing and singing (badly, in my case) to all of my crazy music during the drive.

~The fact that my daughter is now proficient enough behind the wheel that I can relax and text a friend while SHE drives.

~Listening to children getting along in the back of the car instead of arguing.

~Knowing, that even if for just a small moment in space and time, I have experienced everything my heart has ever desired.

...Meditate on These Things.~ Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.