Wednesday, September 15

Quippy Quotes

As promised--a break from introspection ad nauseaum, and a return to the lighter side of life.

"Mom! You really need to get more sleep. It keeps you from wanting to kill your children in the mornings"--fifteen year-old

*Author's note: I have NEVER EVER wanted to kill my children. I just would like said child to be out of the one shower we have by the time I get home from my morning workout. That's all.

"Yeah! And you should sleep more, Mommy, because you need it to make you PRETTY."--eight year-old

*Author's note: Lovely. And so optimistic, that youngest daughter of mine.

"I just killed a fly! With my grammar book! Best use I've found for that thing ALL YEAR!!"--eleven year-old

*Author's note: Again, Lovely. Glad to see the headway I'm making on that goal I have of instilling a love of life-long learning in my children.

"What if we were all numbers and the world was a clock?"--eight year-old

*Author's note: ??????!

"Well, I guess I know everything then."--thirteen year-old
"Thirteen year-olds always think they know everything."--Me
"Yes, but I have the hair to prove it!!"--thirteen year-old

*Author's note--Thirteen year-old has had a section of hair on the back of his head that has been grey since he was about two. Come to think of it, that's about when he started thinking he was smarter than the parents in his house. There may be some thing to this "grey hair" thing after all...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hahaha...I have to admit the numbers and clock thing is pretty deep...