Monday, October 5

He Can't Help It...It's Embedded In the Y Chromosome

Due to an unfortunate event involving seeing how long french fries stay airborne in my vehicle while said vehicle is cruising down the interstate at 70 or so mph, my children got the job of cleaning out the car this afternoon.

Due to the fact that my oldest son is twelve, and therefore has a mental condition that requires him to test every one of my statements to see if it is true, such as "The next person that sends a fry flying in this car will also get the exciting task of vacuuming it after you three clean it out," my son spent some of his free afternoon with the Shop Vac.

After the task was supposedly finished, I noticed that the boys were playing football in the yard and the Shop Vac was still sitting in the driveway. I asked my son to put it away, please.

I ran an errand. When I got back, I noticed that the Shop Vac had been pulled into the garage just far enough so that the cannister was technically in the garage, but the cord, hose, and attachments were STILL in the driveway.

I'm sure you see where this is going. I called my son over. We went through the whole deal. The I-thought-I-asked-you-to-put-that-away...I-DID-the-actual-Shop-Vac-is-in-the-garage parent/12 year-old logic discussion.

As I walked down to the end of the driveway, I saw that one of the Shop Vac attachments was lying in the grass next to the driveway.

I called my son over. I held up the attachment.

"I just want you to know that it is taking every ounce of self-control that I can muster not to chuck this attachment at you as hard as I can." I told him. Sometimes there's just nothing to do but to tell the truth.

And then do you know what he did?

He took the attachment from me, gave me this heart-melting grin and said to me, "I love you."

What a male! Good grief!






1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'm laughing so hard! My husband...not so much. ha ha ha ha :)