Sunday, January 25

What's Been Going on in My Life...Because You're DYIN' to Know...

~Right before Thanksgiving, our TV crapped out..."forcing" us to purchase a new one.  I still don't know how to work it.  My children do.  I have to ask them to turn it on and get movies started for me.  I need to figure out how to use it.  This is power they should probably not have.

~I've been trying to catch up on my laundry.  I counted no less than ten pairs of ballet pink tights that went in the wash today.  Either M has a "boy" pair and a "girl" pair and they are reproducing like rabbits, or I am washing tights for the entire Jr. performance ballet class.

~C got a haircut last weekend.  This has not, however, stopped his hair from sticking up all over his head after he sleeps.

~Ever since we started some "remodel" projects earlier this summer, J's room has been in a "state of disarray."  Everything was thrown pell-mell into Rubbermaid tubs, and she has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor.  I have had a hard time trying to decide what kind of "stuff" I want in her room.  We finally bit the bullet, and just made some decisions.  After the better part of two days, her space is finally back in order.  Quick!  Come see it soon!  It might not be this way ever again!

~Brian and I went to Sam's Club today.  Apparently, Laura Ashley makes Bermuda shorts and panties.  Who knew?

~It is a sad day when plantation slatted blinds are more expensive at Wal Mart than at either Target or Lowe's.

~I made a fabulous balsamic chicken and mushrooms dish for dinner on Friday night.  Of course, I still stand by the theory that you should make your family "fend for themselves" in the food department for about a week before you try anything new.  They will be so shocked to have a hot meal WITH side dishes, that anything you make will be amazing.  Maybe I should try that theory on eggplant and canned spinach...

~The New Year's Resolution theory isn't going quite the way I'd hoped it would...Apparently, 2009's resolutions are going to get kept this year.  Arrrggh!

~The world might just be coming to an end.  J and C have spent the better part of the last 3 HOURS in her room, playing with stuffed animals, having this crazy conversation, and laughing hysterically.  Usually, J is right next to me...bored and wanting me to play with her.  And she and C are usually fighting.

~How is it that ABC FAMILY has a show with a "viewer discretion advised" warning?  Insomnia is a terrible thing...it makes you do crazy things, like watch the entire first season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager.  All I have to say is Are you kidding me?  I have yet to see a more unrealistic show about high school...and that includes all the episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210.  Either times have really changed, or that show is completely ridiculous.  I was in high school once.  I was even in the marching band...and I went to band camp.  I remember standing at attention in the 90+ degree heat for what seemed like hours because some freshman wouldn't stop talking, but I don't think anyone was getting pregnant there.  But maybe I'm naive.  I also don't remember a lot of high school boys who would propose marriage to their girlfriend who was pregnant with some other guy's baby.  

~And the fact that Molly Ringwald plays the mother...well...that just makes me feel old.

~So I have to decide if I keep watching...just to see how insane it actually gets...or if I just mourn those five hours that I can't ever have back again.  Of course it was five hours that I normally would have been sleeping, so maybe it wasn't that big of a loss after all.

~Have a wonderful week!


No comments: