Friday, July 27

Ten Things I Learned This Week


Ten Things I Learned This Week



  • Summer ballgames do eventually end.

  • It is possible to put roughly 150 miles on a vehicle in the span of about 4 hours shuttling children to various activities and NOT live in a large city.

  • The world keeps spinning even after you tell people difficult things. And you feel a lot better after you do.

  • It is a good idea to clean out one's desk on a regular basis, as one might find a check of a substantial amount that had never been cashed.

  • A child can actually learn how to swim in Red Cross Level 1 group swimming lessons (This may not be a shock to many, but we have always done private lessons before now, so I was pretty much a skeptic).

  • I like coconut macaroons (homemade ones, that my daughter and her friend made--otherwise I probably never would have tried them.)

  • A person sheds between 40,000 and 50,000 dead skin cells in one minute.--Gross me out and make me icky!!!

  • If the garbage disposal isn't working, one should check and see if it is plugged in.

  • My kids handle change much better than I think they will.

  • Cucumbers, when left unharvested in a garden, can get to a pretty substantial size.

Have a great Friday!!!

No comments: